Hypnotherapist, Kim Leader offering CBT & Hypnotherapy Brighton, Hove and Lewes
Kim Leader (DHypPsych, PGCert PWP, PGDip CBT)
Hypnotherapist & Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
In a Nutshell
My commitments to you
Award winning Hypnotherapist last four years running.
In a Nutshell
I have 18 years of varied therapeutic experience in the field of Addictions and Mental Health. This includes four years working as a CBT Therapist at the University of Sussex, seven years working in an NHS setting, twelve years in private practice as a Senior Registered Hypnotherapist, and eight years working in the field of Substance Misuse.
It is my aim to navigate the balances in therapy. You'll find me to be straight-talking, direct and honest, but with care and compassion. To me, it also means helping you find solutions as quickly as possible but not pressuring or rushing you.
I would hope that if you choose me as your therapist, it is only because you feel I have a good understanding of the concerns you're facing, and can support you in finding ways of moving forwards. I understand that I am not the therapist for everyone, and that's ok. It's wise to seek the person you feel can help you most.
I offer affordable rates and endeavour to always act ethically regarding this which should be expressed in every interaction I have with you.
To the Top
While there is certainly significance in terms of technique, many studies have proven that the most important thing in therapy is the relationship. It is a huge indicator for change regardless of the therapists training.
Therefore it is really important that you feel a sense of warmth towards the person you are seeing, as well as receiving warmth, care and understanding.
While the relationship is incredibly important, without any form of active ingredient ’getting on together’ may not make enough difference to resolve the main issue.
I tend to be focused with you in achieving a particular goal and will help the sessions stay on track with these so that you don’t come for X, but now find your also working on A, B, Y and Z. However we may work on other aspects if those things specifically help you with your goal.
As I am often goal orientated, it is wise to let me know if would like longer term treatment. Most people come to Hypnotherapy because they want to achieve a goal fairly swiftly, but others would like emotional support and exploration. This is fine too and I very much appreciate working with people over a longer period of time.
To the Top
- 18 years varied experience in Health and Social Care
- Senior Registered Hypnotherapist
- GHR Registered Supervisor to other Hypnotherapists for the last ten years
- Supervisor to trainee CBT Therapists
- Currently work in Sussex University as a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
- NHS Trained CBT Therapist
- 7 years working in a Primary Care Mental Health setting within the NHS
- Specialist in depression and anxiety based issues such as Health Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Social Anxiety, Phobias & Panic Attacks
- Facilitiating Psycho-educational workshops on areas such as Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Worry, Assertiveness, Procrastination, Depression, & Panic Attacks
- Case management of a psycho-educational programme for Emotional Regulation with people diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder/ Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder including topics such as Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Relational Issues, Dealing with Urges and Difficult Emotions & Radical Acceptance
- Worked as a lecturer at Chichester University, Chichester College and Sussex Downs College in the field of Substance Misuse
- Taught and assessed competency of professionals becoming Substance Misuse Workers
- Project Manager of a Young Persons Drug Education Service
- Three years employed by Social Services as a Young Persons Substance Misuse Specialist.
- Volunteer counsellor and project worker in an adult Substance Misuse Service.
- Expert in Addictions
- Freelance Trainer
- Delivered training to 100's of professionals throughout Sussex on subjects such as Motivational Interviewing, Hypnosis Skills, Unconscious Bias, Working with Borderline Personality Disorder/ Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder, Risk Assessment, Comminucation Skills, Therapeutic Alliance, Supervision & Boundaries to name but a few
- I've worked with in excess of a thousand clients
- Vast experience of working therapeutically with people with all kinds of issues
- 100's of hours training.
To the Top
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Psychological Well-Being Practice
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Neuro Linguist Programming Practitioner
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Initial Counselling Skills
- Motivational Interviewing
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Sector
- A1 NVQ Assessor in Health and Social Care
- Depression and Stress
- OCD Masterclass
- Training for Trainers
- Emotional Freedom Technique Practitioner
- Working with Vulnerable Young People
- Anger Management
- Primary and secondary attachment
- Dealing with Family breakdown
To be honest with you the list goes on and on and includes: Suicide Prevention Training, Risk Training, Recording with care, Fire Training, Child Protection, Self Harm and Mental Health Act to name but a few.
To the Top
My Commitments to You
- Do my best to understand your problems
- Be honest
- Give a fair estimate of how long I think our working together might take
- Endeavour to help you achieve your goals in the shortest time possible
- Be responsible for my judgments and uphold a non-judgmental approach
- Act with compassion
- Offer affordable treatment and be open to negotiate costs if this causes an issue in treatment
- Be clear and open that I cannot guarantee results
I will NOT:
- Be late for appointments
- View you as a source of income
- Drag out sessions or head off topic unless you want to, or it’s relevant
- Falsely promise results
TestimonialsTo the Top
Please note that I work four days per week at the University of Sussex as a CBT Therapist. Therefore, the days I can offer privately are limited to those below. You are welcome to call for any queries you may have, but if you wish to book an appointment, your availability will need to match the appointments I have available.
To the Top