Overcome OCD | Hypnotherapy Brighton, Hove & Lewes
Symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder include:
* High anxiety
* Obsessive Checking and re-checking
* Repetitive thoughts and actions
* Overly high level of responsibility taken for things
* Irrational thoughts and behaviours that seem compulsive despite a desire to change them
* Obsessive thoughts and behaviours interfering with everyday routine of life (Childcare, Chores, Work, Relationships etc)
* Superstitious thoughts followed by behaviours to absolve the superstition (the need to engage in a certain activity otherwise something bad will happen)
O.C.D. can be a highly destructive pattern, causing the person suffering the complaint a huge amount of distress.
While the behaviours are often designed to help create a sense of safety, for ourselves or others, they actually increase anxiety and make it worse.
Did you know that research has suggested that checking something repeatly adversely affects memory.
The more we check the harder to remember whether that thing is on or off, locked or unlocked etc.
Commonly, people experience an overwhelming sense of responsibility in situations which is an area with OCD that may need to be addressed. Also OCD can be close cousins with Perfectionism and Health Anxiety.
CBT is great for helping to change the obsessive and compulsive behaviours. Though this can be hard at first I never push people further than they are willing to go. It should always be a gentle and acceptable progression.
Hypnosis can be used to aid relaxation and thus immediate decrease the anxiety it can cause, while also re-programming thoughts, actions and behaviours.
If you have any you'd like to have a chat about something, have any queries, or to book a consultation call on 07949 989986 or email email@example.com
Please refer to my Resources page, where you will find self help guides on OCD.
Go to my Hypnosis Downloads page for an abundance of OCD related downloads that you can purchase if you wish.
To the Top
Possibilities Unlimited Hypnotherapy
Therapy Room: 9 Bartholomews, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1HG
*Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person.